Sometimes, I sit and I wonder what people think of me. I don’t wonder too deeply on it, but I do think about it from time to time. When it comes to being an “open book”, you can count on me to be that person. If I hook-up with someone, all of my closest girlfriends know. If I start to like someone, even when I know I shouldn’t, my closest friends know.
I’m not real keen on keeping my life private. I never really cared about what people know about me. I don’t hide things, I don’t pretend to be someone I am not, and I don’t avoid things. I just live.
So, can you look at yourself in the mirror and define you? List 10 things about yourself, good or bad, and be comfortable telling friends, family, or even a complete stranger?
I want to list 10 things that define me, and tell you why I chose those words. I will list 5 positive things and 5 thins that are possibly negative, depending on your beliefs, and lifestyle choices.
10 Things That Make Me Me.
- Healthy. I have taken the time, over the last few months, to improve my eating habits and be sure that I am eating Healthy. I have been working on my physical form for a while, because I want my insides to be healthy, as well.
- Athlete. I am not elite. I am not the fastest. I am not the strongest. But I am an OCR athlete. I workout so that I can do better at Obstacle course races, as well as be a healthier human.
- Talkative. I was blessed with the gift of gab. I promise I can have a conversation with just about any person I come across. I have a bit of life experiences and a little knowledge on a lot of subjects, so I can chat it up. If someone talks about something I don’t know about, I have them talk to me about it. Then, I learn a bit about something new, and store it for the future. My coworkers ask if my and my best friend’s names should be the other way around. “Are you sure you aren’t Gabbi, and she’s Tabbie?” My mom even called me “Gabby Tabby” when I was a small child. When I got my report card, in kindergarten, I had all “Y” grades. My brother told me it meant “yak yak yak!” I talk. I talk a lot sometimes. Sometimes I say really important things, and sometimes I have no idea what’s coming out of my mouth. You never know what is about to be said when I am around. I keep everyone on their toes.
- Organized. Everything has it’s place, and it should go there. It drives some people crazy, especially my teenage daughter.
- Spontaneously scheduled. You never know what I am going to do, or how I am going to do it. I am trying something new, or going somewhere new, on a regular basis. I’m living my life the best way I know how. I say spontaneously scheduled, because I will decide on a Tuesday to go to Georgia that Friday, then plan it and make it work.
- Free Thinker. I don’t conform. I never have, and I never will. I don’t fit into anyone’s box. I am my own person. In a world full of Left and Right, I am dead center, and I don’t care what anyone else thinks about that. The world isn’t black and white, it is black and white with a whole lot of grey between, and I make it a point to see the grey in everything.
- Optimistic Realist. I’ve gone into deeper detail on this before. I find that silver lining, in any situation, but I also am realistic. I know and see the lines between reality and fantasy. I don’t long for unrealistic things, nor do I let my kid or friends believe they can do impossible things.
- Widow. I am a widow, through and through. I can be completely straight faced and talk about my husband one day, and snot cry all over you, saying the same thing, the next. It’s very hit or miss with my emotions, but I don’t fight them. I also don’t allow them to control me. I believe that I am stronger, emotionally, now.
- Mom. I am a mother. My daughter is the most important human to me. Period. When it comes to “mothering” you can find me packing snacks for road trips, always having things we are going to need, like paper towels or extra underwear.
- Sexual. I am a very sexual human being. I flirt without the goal of actually having sex with people. I have a sexual sense of humor, and feel no shame about it. I am also sexual in the way that if I meet someone, we connect on a sexual level, then I may or may not “hook up” with them. I’m not on the prowl, by any means. If I do meet someone, and sleep with them, I intentionally avoid all passes by other people, and wait to see if anything more comes of that situation. I’m in no hurry.
There’s my list. I told you some may be things that make you think differently about me. Something may surprise you. Something may piss you off. Something may make you love me more. Something might make you want to hang out with me.
It is what it is. I am sure there are other words that people would use to describe me, but this is about self definition. Self awareness. How I view me. the top 10 things. I could have included things like “spunky, empath, strong, willful, hyper, silly, etc”, but I’ll stick with the 10.
Can you do it? I ask you, throw out 10 words that you feel describe you. I don’t need a description for each, but if you put it, I’ll read it.
I write this entry, because its important to know yourself. You may find you can’t pick 10 words. You may find 400 words.
Do you know?
Share your beautiful YOU with the world. (or with my readers and me!)